It's always incredible to me to stand at the dawn of a new year and look back at where I was at the same time. Last year around this time I was living at home with my family in Tennessee. I was severely depressed, hopeless and literally couldn't see past the hell hole I felt I was in at the time.
I might not be good at a lot of things. Or anything really. But one thing I can always trust about myself is the fact that I am STUBBORN and I don't sit down without a fight. So in June, when my parents offered me a car and one last chance to try things out, even in my defeat I saw a way out and latched onto it.
Now about six months later I have just finished training for my promotion at a law firm, I have an awesome jeep, and good friends.
2012 is also when I got the most work done on the development for The Furies, my webcomic project that I hope will finally see daylight sometime this fall.
My New Year's Resolutions because HELL I decided to make some for once are -
1. Think before I react. Stop letting emotions guide me.
2. Complete the development for The Furies and begin the comic with regular updates.
3. Draw every day in general and post on dA frequently.
4. Get promoted to the next position at the law firm.
5. Eat better.
6. Go to the gym to start at LEAST twice a week.
7. Treat myself better. I am an important and incredible person and I deserve to think that way.
8. Get my own fucking apartment. By Christmas, have a cat.
9. Go to Fanime to see my babies. I miss you guys.
10. Continue to recognize that my self worth is not dependent on how much schooling I have and plan for college in the future.
11. Overcome insecurities about intelligence and communication.
12. GET MY FIRST KISS. THIS WILL HAPPEN. OKAY. THIS WILL HAPPEN.
THHAAAAT'S ABOUT IT. I had this long lengthy thing to talk about but it's late and I should sleep. BYE NOW~